CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Blessings vs Gratitude...

Have you noticed how everyone always talks about how "blessed" they are. "oh I'm so blessed" or "yes we're blessed to have (fill in blank). It seems to be the popular thing to say but comes off as boastful? We hear this among the rich and famous. but I also hear it from regular people like you and me. Yes it's true...they are blessed, but aren't we all? I'm not rich and famous but I realize and acknowledge the blessings in my life. Count your many blessings name them one by one and all that.

But where does gratitude come in for those blessings? Why not say "I'm so grateful for my home and career, talent, children etc, or " I feel so much gratitude to God for (again fill in the blanks)
That sounds so much more humble doesn't it? Gratitude is the acknowledgement that everything we have, everything that means anything to us, comes from above.
So please...for my sake, stop bragging I mean telling everyone how blessed your are, and start telling everyone how grateful you are. We'll start a new trend!! I'd be ever so grateful :)

0 comments: