CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 4, 2008

So being the kind of person that I am...(a procrastinator and generally lazy) I have waited until the last minute to get the house ready for Meagan's return (Nov 14th). I realized that I was going to have a lot of people coming over upon her return and my house was not up to par. In fact it was becoming a dirty time warp. So I've taken it upon myself to set things right. Many of you won't remember what my teeny tiny kitchen looked like before, but it had terrible wall paper from the 90's and oak cabinets...which were great 15 years ago when we put them in. Rather than spend tons of money and wait for Blaine to do them, I decided it would be "so easy" to paint the cabinets, strip the wallpaper, texture the walls and paint. The only thing Blaine has to do is the counter tops because I can't. well....it's not easy. I remembered how much I "don't like" painting and everything is taking 2-3 coats. But after all my complaining I think it will look much better and I'm excited for the end result. Here are just a few pics of the process...Of course after the kitchen it's on to the bedroom that will be Meagan's and then the basement...so stay tuned for more griping:)

This pic is after the wallpaper is off and the walls were textured and painted. The stuff on the counters is from the cabinets...not just messy
I've painted the cabinet fronts and crown. I'm also painting the inside of the front cabinet black, as it has glass doors and I think it will look cool.
Here you can see the old countertop that is green and looked good in 1995. So you'll see that transformation.
And here I am at Blaine's shop paining the cabinet doors...They will be an off white with some darker aging in the corners of the panel. I have paint all over me....still...go ducks!

0 comments: