CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Marko Medonich...my grandfather

My brother Mark recently went to Rock Springs WY for his work, and was determined to find my grandfathers grave stone. We've never known much about our grandparents on that side of the family because my father (fatcat) grew up for the most part in a catholic orphanage. His dad died at the age of 42 from working in the coal mines and his mother left the children to fend for themselves more or less, thus the orphanage. Anyway...It took my brother quite a bit of time and research to find Marco Medonich's grave stone and here it is. My brother Mark, is named after this grandfather and I appreciate his efforts to locate him...way to go Mark, you just did some family history gathering!

6 comments:

Courtney J said...

Mom, we need to go see it in person. Thanks uncle Mark!

Anonymous said...

Jodi,
We are first cousins. My father, Daniel, who passed away in 2005 at the age of 82, was the oldest child of Marko Medonich & Nettie Katherine Gould.

Diane
diane136@comcast.net

Anonymous said...

Good going mark! Like to meet you day..michael medonich u.p.s redding,ca

Anonymous said...

We are first cousins once removed. My grandmother Margaret Rose Crowl (née Medonich), is a daughter born to Marko Medonich and Nettie Gould. I only know that her brother Frank is still alive and living in Oregon.

Anonymous said...

Margaret Rose Crowl (née Medonich) passed away today at the age of 81 in Fairfield Bay, Van Buren County Arkansas. She was the daughter of Marko Medonich and Nettie Gould. She has three kids, Don (Central, Russell (my father), and Suzanne.

Anonymous said...

Daniel Joseph Medonich is a son of Marko Medonich and Nettie Gould. He has three children: Ingrid Margo, Diane Ella, and Ivan Marko.