CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 24, 2009

My first International Trip!

Well, I've had my passport for quite awhile now and have not had an opportunity to use it until our trip to Canada.  Not exactly the international trip I had been imagining....but I'll take what I can get.  The above picture is of the border crossing into Canada.  There was a lot of worry and speculation as to whether we'd get searched etc.  But all in all it was pretty uneventful.  They asked us why in the world we'd cross into Canada at this time of year....just kidding.
We are making sure Blaine has his passport and he did.  (because I kept it)
This is a picture of a very cool hotel in a town called Banff.  It was huge and sort of mid-evil looking.  I imagine it was beautiful inside cause it was beautiful outside.  Picture does not do it justice.
This is the main street of Banff.  Reminded me a lot of Park City.  There are several Ski resorts around this area and lots of tourist shops.  Was kind of fun and kind of cold!
The surrounding mountains were beautiful.  They are part of the Rockies but reminded me of the Yosemite Mountains because they were just so big.
We stopped and had lunch at this little pub/restaurant and we were trying to take pictures for Courtney since she couldn't come.  (couldn't find her passport)  I know...lame right?  I guess I didn't know what to do with my hands here.
Couldn't resist taking a picture with this Canadian Moose.
Here we have the bride and groom giving Courtney the signal that they were thinking of her...It was pre-arranged signal...the peace sign.

So this was the my first trip out of the country.  I have to say I was a little relieved to cross back into the states.  Not sure why, but at least my cash was worth something is the good ole USA.

0 comments: